Job Position: Marketing & Communications Officer
Future Generations University is a small, accredited university, where everyone, regardless of seniority is expected to bring a positive mindset to teamwork, be self-driven, have effective time management, and believe that positive social change is possible. Team members are expected to think creatively and bring dedicated drive and passion to their work.
The Marketing and Communication Officer supports recruitment, marketing, public relations, and fundraising to raise public awareness of Future Generations University through electronic and social media and traditional marketing and public relations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and implementing marketing and communications plans, managing, creating and maintaining a strong presence on a wide range of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc); website management; and support of crowdfunding sites and campaigns.
We are looking for candidates to perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of social media marketing campaigns
- Development and implementation of communications plan
- Manage social and electronic media to support enrollment marketing, development and communications including e-blasts, Facebook and other social media sites, research and recommend new sites.
- Manage and track print and electronic advertising.
- Stay informed about latest trends and developments in social media.
- Produce four issues of electronic newsletter annually.
- Assist with development and maintenance of crowdfunding sites and campaigns.
- Manage photography, videography, editing and other media related projects.
- Maintain media archive files including photos, media, and videos.
- Supports fundraising, educational and campus events.
- Manages materials production and ensures that all direct marketing materials are produced on-schedule and are of the highest quality.
- Ensure that website and materials meet the University’s style guide and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, public relations or a related field
- Four years’ experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly become conversant with and committed to the mission of Future Generations University
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills
- Highly collaborative style with the ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels.
- Able to work independently and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Energy, maturity, and leadership skills to position discussions at the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to see the global perspective and prioritize accordingly.
- Reliable/dependable hard worker with a “can do” attitude that is eager to learn.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Office / Google Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- WordPress and/or HTML
- Video & Photo Software (Creation / Editing)
- Project Management
This position requires limited travel, ability to drive a car (with a valid license), is physically demanding requiring the ability to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain; bend, stoop, reach above head; fine and gross motor skills, and work in close quarters. The employee must have normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear spoken word with correction. Must be fluent in English. While performing the duties of this position, employee is required sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, touch objects, tools or controls and to talk fluently. The employee must occasionally lift or move heavy objects (up to fifty pounds)
Equal Opportunity Statement
Future Generations University does not discriminate and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for job openings for which they qualify. In addition to federal law requirements, Future Generations University complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Background information about Future Generations University is available on the websites www.Future.Edu & www.Future.Org.
Title & Salary based on prior experience and the candidate's portfolio of skills. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and CV/Resume to Stephanie Hartman at HR@future.edu.