- Ph.D. State University of New York, College of Environmental Science & Forestry
- M.S. University of Michigan
- B.S. University of Michigan
- AAS Paul Smith’s College
Mike Rechlin has practiced sustainable foresty and protected areas management in the United States, Nepal, India, and Tibet for thirty years. He has extensive teaching experience and has designed educational programs for many international groups visiting the Adirondack Park of New York State. Presently retired, Mike has held academic appointments at Principia College, Paul Smith’s College, and the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. He served as the dean of Future Generations Graduate School from 2010 to 2013. He presently resides, and makes maple syrup, in Franklin, WV.
- ECC 603 Community-Based Natural Resource Management
- Boyer-Rechlin, Nathan, Gregory L. Bruland, and Michael A. Rechlin. 2016. The effect of Agricultural Land Use on Benthic Macroinvertebrate Communities and the Applicability of Family Level Bioassessment Metrics in Southern Illinois Headwater Streams. Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science.
- Rechlin, Mike. 2015. Maple Syrup: An Introduction to the Science of a Forest Treasure. McDonald & Woodward Publishing Company, Newark, OH.
- Twery, Mark, Elizabeth Olson, Gary Wade and Mike Rechlin. 2013. Changes in Abundance of Vascular Plants under Varying Silvicultural Systems at the Forest Ecosystem Research and Demonstration Area, Paul Smiths, New York. Northern Research Station. Research Note: NRS-160. US Forest Service.
- Rechlin, Mike and Scott Schneberger. 2012. The Natural Choice: Why Bark’s the Best Camp Cover-up. Adirondack Life.
- Rechlin, Michael, William R Burch, A. L. Hammett, Bhishma Subedi, Surya Binayee, and Indu Sapkota. 2007. Lal Salam and Hario Ban: The Effects of the Maoist Instugency on Community Forestry in Nepal. Forests, Trees and Livlihoods. Vol. 17. 245-253.
- Rechlin, Michael and Ritu Baruni. 2006. A Passions for Pine: Forest Conservation Practices of the Apatatani Peopla of Arunachal Pradesh. himalaya. Vol 26 no. 1 and 2. 19-24.
- Rechlin, Michael and Hans MIchielen, 2005. Making Maple Syrup in a Land of Funnel Cakes and Pulled Pork. The Maple Digest.
- Song, Yajie, Guoqian Wang, William R. Burch and Michael A. Rechlin. 2004. From Innovation to Adoption: Lessons From 20 Years of the SHIFT Forest Management System in Sanming, China. Forest Ecology and Management 191: 225-238.
- Rechlin, M. A., A. L. Hammett, W. R. Burch, and Yajie Song. 2002. Sharing the wealth: A Comparative Study of the Distribution of Benefits from Community Forest Management in Southern China and Nepal. Journal of Sustainable Forestry 15(2): 1-23.
- Sowers, Fred, Michael Rechlin, Manzoorul Haque and Satish Prabasi. 1994. Forestry and the Environment: Nepal Case Study. Working Paper No. 201. USAID, Washington, DC.