Assistant Professor & Director of Student Success
- M.A. Texas State University
- B.A. Central Washington University
- B.A. Seattle Pacific University
Christie Hand is committed to ensuring that higher education is relevant and accessible to all. Towards this end, she is enthusiastic about trying new models and approaches which help to increase the reach of higher education and enable greater success. She worked in Cameroon, West Africa, for six years in linguistics and has 25 years of experience in higher education and is international work. Christie has been at Future Generations since 2007 and is currently pursuing an Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration at West Virginia University.
- GSF 601 Graduate Studies Foundations I
- GSF 602 Graduate Studies Foundations II
- Hand, C. and Payne, E. First-Generation College Students: A Study of Appalachian Student Success, Journal of Developmental Education, 32 (1), Fall 2000.
- Hodges, R. and Hand, C. Teaching in Postsecondary Institutions: An Interview with Dr. Wilbert McKeachie, Journal of Developmental Education, 28 (3), Spring 2005.