Assistant Professor & Director of Assessment
- Ph.D. University of Virginia
- M.A. James Madison University
- B.S. Virginia Polytechnic and Institute and State University
- GSF 601 Graduate Study Foundations
- PRC 604 Social Research Methods
- Pappas, E., Pappas, J. & Lynch, R. (2016). Fast Change: Teaching Intentional Self-
development. Presentation at the Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Nagel, R.L., Barrella, E., Pappas, E.C., & Pappas, J. (2016). A Contextual Approach to Teaching Sustainability. Paper presented at the American Society for Engineering Education National Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Pappas, J. & Pappas, E. (2015). The Sustainable Personality: Values and Behaviors in Individual Sustainability. International Journal of Higher Education, 4,1.
- Pappas, E., Pappas, J., & Sweeney, D. (2014). Walking the Walk: Conceptual Foundations of the Sustainable Personality. Journal of Cleaner Production, 12,2.
- Pappas, J., Pierrakos, O., Pappas, E., & Paterson, K. (2013). True Grit: Toward a Culture of Psychological Preparedness in Engineering Education. Workshop Presented at the Frontiers in Education National Conference, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Pappas, J. (2013) Multisource feedback for STEM students increases engagement and academic performance. Paper presented at the American Society for Engineering Education National Conference, Atlanta, Georgia
- Pappas, J. (2013). Personality Pad: Online multisource feedback for STEM students enhances academic performance. Paper presented at Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Pappas, E., & Pappas, J. (2011). A behavioral approach to building cognitive foundations for effective thought and action. Innovative Higher Education, 36, 5.
- Pappas, J., & Clore, G. (2010). Environmental tuning of the self: Beyond direct priming effects. Proceedings of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Sinclair, S., Pappas, J., & Lun, J. (2009). The interpersonal basis of stereotype relevant self-views. Journal of Personality, 77, 5.
- Pappas, J., & Clore, G. (2009). Thriving with a plural self: Relationships among role identities predict social and psychological health. Proceedings of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology Annual Conference, Tampa, Florida.
- Pappas, J., & Clore, G. (2008). Affect as information about identity: Emotional experience influences self-concept. Proceedings of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology Annual Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Clore, G. & Pappas, J. (2007). The affective regulation of social interaction. Social Psychology Quarterly. 70, 4.
- Pappas, J. (2006). Investigating the factor structure of regulation of cognition: A cross-validation study. Proceedings of the 2006 American Psychological Society Annual Conference, New York, New York.
- Pappas, J., Fries, K., Lawson, S., Rose, K., & Rogers, S. (2006). Into the monster’s den: Investigating the pleasure paradox of cinematic horror. Proceedings of the 2006 Eastern Psychological Association Annual Conference, Baltimore, Maryland.
Quinlan, K., Handley, M., Pappas, J., & Kander, R. (2005). Managing program and curricular change toward faculty consensus: A promising methodology. Academic Leader, 23, 7.
- Pappas, J. & Pappas, E. (2003). Creativity and inventive design in the engineering classroom: A review. Paper presented at the American Society for Engineering Education National Conference, Nashville, Tennessee.